So many are in turmoil about the upcoming election. Many are baffled to learn that fellow Christians are aligning with the liberal, socialistic, anti-Christian agenda. They are also in shock to hear that some Christians have decided not to vote at all because they don’t like the more conservative (though not fully conservative) candidate. They say things like “I have to vote my conscience”. Let me ask you, would a true Christian’s conscience tell them to vote for one who blatantly takes ungodly stands, or not to vote at all? No way!
I have heard many Christians say, “But how are we to pray?” The answer is easy!
- We must pray that God’s will be done.
- We must pray that the schemes of the enemy be exposed.
- We must pray that Christians will vote based on the Word, not their own pocketbooks.
- We must pray that the eyes and ears of all people be opened to hear the truth and not be swayed or deluded by worldy charisma and persuasion.
- Pray for God’s people to be doers, not only hearers, of the Word! (James 1:22)
When we don’t know what to pray, we are to pray as the Word tells us in Romans 8:26:
So too, the Holy Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it as worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads on our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance. (NLT)
We must take a stand for all that is godly and not back down.
Please get out and vote according to the Word! Don’t believe the lie that your opinion doesn’t count!
Remember the old adage: All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.